SPEECH Bumper Stickers and MAGNETS are here!
Online/On-Demand Workshop: Let's Hear It For /R/!
Documents and Therapy Materials Link
No upcoming events
Red Flags: 5 to 6 Years
- Can not brush teeth efficiently
- Has greater academic potential than he/she may be exhibiting in the classroom (6 years)
- Poor comprehension skills
- Difficulty remembering names and overuses words like “it, thing”
- Difficulty paying attention or listening in class
- Difficulty sequencing a 4-8 event story
- Difficulty sounding out words or knowing sounds based on letter
- Difficulty asking for help and repetition when needed
- Difficulty following multi-step directions and/or remembering information
- Difficulty expressing himself in an organized way
- Difficulty staying organized (messy desk, forgets books/lunch, gets homework done but never makes it to the teacher)
- Poor vocabulary and/or difficulty recalling meanings of new words learned
- Inconsistent in retaining learned material (seems to understand one day, next doesn’t remember)
- Poor memory skills (difficulty learning numbers, colors, shapes, alphabet)
- Continuing to stutter past the age of 5 or earlier if frustration, difficulty with peers, facial grimacing or blocks occur
- Experiences a dramatic loss of skills he/she once had
This list is to be used as a resource only. If you have any concerns based on this list, please contact your child’s pediatrician. An evaluation of their development may need to be done.