SPEECH Bumper Stickers and MAGNETS are here!
Online/On-Demand Workshop: Let's Hear It For /R/!
Documents and Therapy Materials Link
No upcoming events
Red Flags: 4 to 5 Years
- Cannot throw a ball overhand
- Does not grasp a crayon between thumb and fingers
- Does not engage in fantasy play
- Can not differentiate between fantasy and reality
- Exhibits extremely aggressive, fearful or timid behavior
- Resists dressing, sleeping, using the toilet
- Does not use "me" and "you" correctly
- Shows undue anxiety when presented with new situations (ie. Changes in routines or going to a birthday party)
- Seems “off topic” or makes inappropriate remarks to conversation even though she/he is very verbal
- Become “out of control” in unstructured settings
- Hit rather than using words to work through conflicts
- Have a difficult time in social or academic type settings even though he/she appears very bright
- Avoids other children or adults
- Difficulty cooperating with peers or participating in group activities even though very verbal
- Unusually passive
- Unable to express wide range of emotions
- Appears sad or unhappy most of the time
- Easily distracted and/or unable to concentrate on an activity for more than 5 minutes
This list is to be used as a resource only. If you have any concerns based on this list, please contact your child’s pediatrician. An evaluation of their development may need to be done.